Carpet Care Guidelines
Carpet care guidelines that present all sorts of cleaning, removing stains, and dealing with various other problems. If you have bought a quality carpet, it makes sense to look after this carpet cleaner tips. This can be done by following certain, straightforward carpet care guidelines. And make sure that your carpet will reward you with years of wear and stay looking at it’s best in your home.
Carpets require regular, periodic deep cleaning to remove a damaging build-up of grit and soil. Always make sure that you choose a reliable long established company that can deliver top quality results and works to an ethical code of practice.
Top 10 Carpet Care Guidelines
For day to daycare following simple carpet care guidelines can be very beneficial :
- Take off shoes whenever possible as that will prevent dirty footprints coming in from the outside.
- Vacuum carpets regularly: at least weekly. Take your time doing this.
- If the carpet pile begins to flatten down with age try to vacuum against the direction of the pile to help lift it.
- New carpets can shed pile fibers. Vacuum lightly and regularly so that this “fluff” does not get trodden in and clog the pile.
- Always deal with dirt and spills quickly so that they are less likely to cause discoloration.
- Blot up spills gently: do not rub a spillage into the carpet pile.
- Don’t believe old wives tales. Salt and white wine aren’t good for cleaning red wine or anything else.
- If you are using cleaning products on a wool content carpet, always make sure that they are safe to use.
- Do not use water-based cleaning agents on viscose content carpets as this can lead to irreparable damage to certain viscose types.
- Finally, the most important from all carpet care guidelines. If in doubt call a tried and trusted carpet cleaning company. Your carpet is a big investment, so it’s worth getting help with that stain.